PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, unless restricted by law, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automaticallycollected information as “Device Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR COMPANYINFORMATION?
This is generally done to improve your shopping experience ongemsone.com.
• Expedite your purchases and enable the Services you request,
• Approve and monitor your purchases,
• Enhance and improve our services and products,
• Enrich the general customer experience through targeted advertising,
• Recognize and classify your customer preferences,
• Improve Services for our customer/user base,
• Accurately answer your questions and respond to requests,
• Manage and control promotions and contests,
• Distribute information regarding products of interest,
• Analyse your account information for completeness and errors,
• Deter and prevent abuse and fraud,
• Follow applicable legal requirements andGems One policies and procedures, and Other uses with your consent.
Over time we may combine the information you provide to us with other information that is publicly available or collected though our cookies or other similar available technology.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
Comments you provide on our site or social media platforms:
As described above, we may use your Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
How You Can Access and Update Your Information
Once you have created a gemsone.com account it will be possible for you to update, review, and change some of your personal information by logging into your account. This can be done 24/7. If you require assistance in changing or updating your account information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We use your provided information to deliver a superior shopping experience and servicessuch as offers and promotions that we think you will want to hear. If at any time you no longer wish to receive communications from us, let us know. To opt out of receiving emailed promotions from us:
(1) go to the gemsone.comweb page and select "unsubscribe," then follow the prompts and enter in the required information, or conversely open the promotional email, click the “unsubscribe” hyperlink and then follow the prompts to unsubscribe;
(2) if you wish to unsubscribe from SMS/data based promotions email us at [email protected] You can also tell us where to send written promotional materials.
(3) To opt out of regular mail promotions, please write to us at [email protected] Please note that opting out of communications with us does not affect specific communications from us regarding transactions and purchases. When required by applicable law, we will obtain your prior consent at the time of data collection pursuant to which you will opt-in to the processing of (i) personal information deemed sensitive pursuant to applicable law, and (ii) personal information for marketing purposes.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Children Under the Age of 13
We also take the protection and data security of minor children under the age of 13 seriously. To that end,Gems One does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If it is discovered that we have done so, we will promptly delete that data from out servers. For more information on protecting the data privacy rights of minor children under the age of 13 please see the FTC website at https://www.ftc.gov. Security
Gems One takes the protection of your company information seriously. As such we employ a number of electronic and physical security protocols to ensure that your personal information remains safe and secure. However, in today’s rapidly changing technological environment, no security protocol is impregnable. To that end, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will never be compromised.
Below are our multi-point electronic and physical security protocols:
1. SSL Encryption: Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology is the industry standard for protecting data when computer servers are communicating and transferring data. We use SSL when completing transaction online. SSL helps to ensure that your sensitive personal information, such as your credit card number, is not apprehended by adverse third-parties.
2. Credit Card Orders: To minimize unnecessary risk of your sensitive personal information being compromised we do not store your credit card information after an order has been completed. To further minimize this risk, we complete our credit card orders within 24 hours by working directly with the authorizing bank. This enables us to ship products sooner and delete temporarily stored information sooner.
3. Telephone Orders: If you would rather transact by telephone you can call us at: 800-436-7787to speak with a customer service representative and complete your order.
4. Signature Requirements for Delivery: We always insure and register items shipped via mail to their fullest value. Finally, we only ship to physical business or residential addresses and require that a person over 18 years of age sign for the delivery. California Privacy Rights Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits end users who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. As a B2B trade-focused operation, Gems One does not collect personal data of its users, but if you have any questions about our compliance with privacy laws, please send an email to [email protected] write us at our corporate address below.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected] by mail using the details provided below:
Gems One Trading
16 W 46th St
New York, NY, 10036